- Tomek Pieńko presented a poster at the Biophysical Society Meeting in New Orleans and visited the lab of prof. Cameron Mura at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville.
- Marta K. defended her thesis entitled "Interactions of aminoglycoside antibiotics with ribosomal RNA and riboswitches" and obtained a PhD degree in chemistry. Congratulations!
- Maciej J. started his Etiuda fellowship in Prof. Michael Feig group at the Michigan State University.
- Ksenia gave a talk at a conference on the MemThera project held in Cracow and organized by NCBiR and Research Council of Norway within the polish-norwegian research programme.
- Kasia K. defended her thesis and obtained a PhD degree in chemistry. Congratulations!
- Joanna T. received a silver medal from the university chancellor for the 200 anniversary of the University of Warsaw.
- Prof. Yuji Sugita visited our lab in the last week of September.
- Prof. Michael Feig (Michigan State University) will spend one month in our lab. He was awarded A. von Humboldt fellowship from the Foundation for Polish Science.
- Our former visitor, Jaime Ivan Castillo, a high school student from Tijuana, Mexico, gives an interview about his trip to Poland and work in our lab.
- Marta K. presented a poster at the RNA Society Meeting in Kyoto, Japan.
- Maciek J. received the Etiuda fellowship from the National Science Centre. Congratulations! His application was 6th out of 85.
- Prof. Chia-en Chang from University of California Riverside, USA, visited our lab.
- Congratulations to Ksenia for gaining funding for her research in an internal competition of the University of Warsaw for young researchers and PhD students.
- Monika presented a poster and Joanna T. gave a talk at a workshop "RNA: Structure, Dynamics, and Function" at Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati (SISSA) in Trieste, Italy.
- Prof. Kathleen Hall from Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA, visited our lab.
- Marta K. attended JCUP VII OpenEye's meeting in Tokyo, Japan.
- Congratulations to Jaime for the second place in the best poster competition at The 5th Intercollegiate Biotechnology Symposium “Symbioza” held at Warsaw University of Technology!
- Marta K. gave a talk at the RCAST, University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Joanna T. visited prof. Yuji Sugita at RIKEN and prof. Kei Yura at Ochanomizu Women's University in Japan.
- Zofia D. and Marcin R. organized a workshop at our lab for high school pupils.
- Prof. Michael Feig was awarded the Alexander von Humboldt Polish Honorary Research Fellowship by the Foundation for Polish Science to spend three months in our lab and collaborate on a project on thermal stability of RNA and PNA duplexes. His first visit will be this September.
- Joanna T. attended a workshop at the University of Toronto at the Fields Institute. The workshop was a part of thematic programme on MultiScale Scientific Computing.
- Marta Kulik was awarded FY2016 JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship (Short-Term) for North American and European Researchers.
- Filip Leonarski defended his PhD Thesis titled "Coarse-grained models for molecular dynamics of RNA. Evolutionary algorithm optimization of the potential energy function parameters". Congratulations!
- Marta Kulik went for a 9 month visit to the laboratory of prof. Yuji Sugita (RIKEN, Japan).
- Joanna Trylska gave a lecture at the conference Protein Interactions in Biology at the National University of Ireland in Galway.
- Ksenia is visiting the lab of prof. Nathalie Reuter at the University of Bergen in Norway.
- Joanna Trylska, Marta Kulik and Maciej Jasiński gave talks at the CECAM workshop Computational Modeling of Gene Expression and its Evolution in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Nathalie Reuter and Tom Venken from the University of Bergen visited our lab and gave talks.
- Jaime Ivan Castillo from Tijuana in Mexico joined the lab for a one year internship. He will stay one year in Warsaw as a student of the Rotary International exchange program. Welcome!
- Marta Kulik gave a short talk and Marta Dudek presented a poster in Lausanne at the Computational Advances in Drug Discovery conference. Marta Kulik was awarded for the best short talk presentation. Congratulations!
- Ksenia and Monika participated in 23rd Polish Peptide Symposium in Spała. Ksenia gave a lecture and Monika presented a poster.
- Marta Kulik gave a talk in Lublin at the 8th Symposium of the Polish Bioinformatics Society.
- Tomasz Pieńko joined to our group as a PhD Student to work on molecular dynamics simulations in the Symfonia NCN-funded project. Welcome!
- Marta K., Ksenia, Marcin and Monika presented their posters and Joanna T. gave a lecture at EMBO Young Scientists Forum in Warsaw.
- Our group attended two conferences. Multi-Pole Approach to Structural Science in Warsaw (Joanna T. was a member of the Scientific Committee) and Biomolecules and Nanostructures 5 in Jaroszowice near Cracow where Maciej and Ksenia gave talks and Marta K. won the poster prize funded by HKL Research, Inc.
- Joanna Panecka defended her PhD thesis at the Department of Physics University of Warsaw. Congratulations!. Since January 2015 Joanna P. is working in Heidelberg, Germany in the laboratory of prof. Rebecca Wade.
- Marta Kulik and Maciej Jasiński presented posters at the RECOMB conference in Warsaw.
- We are looking for a PhD student in biomolecular modeling and simulation to work on molecular dynamics simulations of complexes of vitamin B12 with membrane proteins in the Symfonia NCN-funded project. Details are here.
- Marta Kulik's figure is now on the cover of Biophysical Journal. We have also written a post blog about this cover. Congratulations!
- Maciej J. won the second prize in the INTER competition organized by FNP. Congratulations!
- Joanna T. was nominated in the initiative AcademiaNet. Congratulations!
- We are happy to open the new experimental lab in the CeNT I building! Photo from opening and our group photo.
- Congratulations to Maciej J.! His project entitled A series of science films NauTech was awarded funding in the eNgage competition, organized by FNP.
- Marta K. has presented a poster at The 5th AICS International Symposium in Kobe, Japan.
- Maciej J. is visiting the lab of prof. Cameron Mura at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, USA.
- Filip started his work in Strasbourg in France with prof. Pascal Auffinger at the Institut de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS. His funding is from the Mobility Plus grant.
- Marta K. left for a three month visit in RIKEN, Japan in the laboratory of prof. Yuji Sugita.
- Anna Górska won the first prize in the sixth edition of the Polish Society for Bioinformatics contest for the best master's thesis in bioinformatics. Congratulations!
- We received funding in the Symfonia call of the National Science Centre. The funding is for interdisciplinary research and we collaborate with dr hab. Dorota Gryko, the PI from the Institute of Organic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences.
- We have moved. The lab is in a nice new building at Banacha 2c. We are on the 4th floor with a nice view over the campus and the city.
- Marcin Równicki is now a PhD Student at the Inter-Faculty Interdisciplinary Doctoral Studies in Natural Sciences and Mathematics (MISDoMP). Congratulations!
- Marta Kulik will present her research at the IV EURO WG Conference on Operational Research in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics and Medicine in Poznań - Biedrusko.
- Prof. Yuji Sugita, Chief Scientist at RIKEN, Japan visited our lab and gave a talk.
- Six members of our lab will present their research at the "From Computational Biophysics to Systems Biology 2014" conference in Gdańsk. Joanna Trylska is an invited speaker, Filip Leonarski will present his research during a CBSB Outstanding Young Researcher talk and Marta Kulik will have a 15 minute long presentation. Others from our group present their research as posters.
- Our group participated in the "Meet the ribosome" symposium, with presentation of prof. Venkatraman Ramakrishnan (2009 Nobel Prize in chemistry) on achievements and future challanges in ribosome structural studies.
- Marta Dudek was awarded funding by National Science Centre in the PRELUDIUM call. Congratulations!
- Monika Wojciechowska joined the lab in the OPUS project from the National Science Centre. Welcome!
- Kasia and Asia P. recieved the scholarships from the Mazovian district to support Mazovian PhD students. Congratulations!
- Ksenia Maximova joined our lab as a post-doc in the CORE project (Norway grants). Welcome in the group.
- Filip received a scholarship in the 3rd edition of the Mobility Plus programme by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education for a 2 year research visit to the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Strasbourg, France to work on a more physical, yet efficient representation of magnesium(II) ions for RNA full-atomistic molecular dynamic simulations.
Kasia's project entitled "Computational study of physicochemical properties of fragment bacterial ribosome and enzymes in the bounding places of lincosamides using computational modelling methods" has been awarded funding by the National Science Centre in the PRELUDIUM call.
Agnieszka received scholarship in the 5th edition of contest for scholarships for PhD students and young post-docs in Modern University competition. Congratulations! She has also obtained a scholarship from the program "Development of science - the development of the region - supporting scholarships and support for Mazovia doctoral students" co-funded by the European Union under the European Social Fund. More information here
Joanna attended in The 51st Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society of Japan (Kyoto).
Julia's PhD thesis entitled “Comparing physical properties of aminoglycoside antibiotics' binding sites in RNA and proteins” has been recognized as the best in the fourth PTBI contest for The Best Doctoral Dissertation in Bioinformatics. Congratulations!
- Anna defended her MCs thesis entitled "Inhibition of bacterial translation by Peptide Nucleic Acid oligomers targeting the ribosomal RNA".
- Marek Havrila (Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic) come to our Lab for two weeks stay. He is working on a joint project with Joanna P.
- Charles McAnany from University of Virginia visited our Lab and gave a talk for our team.
- Christian Solis Calero from the University of the Balearic Islands (Spain) comes to our lab for three months internship.
- Joanna, Katrzyna, Filip and Maciej paricipated in The 18th Annual Meeting of the RNA Society, Davos, Switzerland.
- Fabio Trovato from NEST, Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy started one month stay in our Lab within the Canaletto programme.
- Congratulations to Maciej for the third place in International FameLab competition! Maciej also received a Special BMW Group Poland Award.
- Filip participated in Workshop on Computer Simulation and Theory of Macromolecules, Hünfeld, Germany.
- Joanna P. attended in 245th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, New Orleans, USA.
- Joanna T. participated in 2nd Annual CCP-BioSim Conference, Frontiers of Biomolecular Simulation in Nottingham.
- Marta D., Marta K., Maciej J. and Joanna T. attended the Inter-Mix conference in Pułtusk.
- The project "Targeting neutrophil peripheral membrane proteins: novel therapeutic avenues in chronic inflammatory diseases" was recommended for funding by the National Centre for Research and Development within Polish-Norwegian Research Programme (CORE call).
- Marta K. attended the JCF Fruhjahrssymposium in Berlin. Her poster was recognized as one of the best. photo
Maciej J. will present his project in the final of the FameLab 2013 competition. Congratulations!
Anna was awarded a scholarship from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education for outstanding students.
Mahmut Kara, PhD student from Technische Universität München, visited our lab and gave a talk.
- Joanna Trylska's project entitled "Interactions of peptide nucleic acids with biologically relevant RNA motifs" has been recommended for funding by the National Science Centre in the OPUS call.
Congratulations to Julia! She defended her PhD thesis entitled "Comparing physical properties of aminoglycoside antibiotics' binding sites in RNA and proteins". Julia has moved to Heidelberg and works in the lab of Prof. Rebecca Wade at HITS.
Maciej D. was awarded a scholarship from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education for young outstanding scientists. Congratulations!
- Marcin Równicki joined our Lab to work in the Team project.
- Zofia and Sapna attended Central European Symposium on Antimicrobials and Antimicrobial Resistance CESAR 2012 in Primosten in Croatia. Sapna gave a talk on targeting ribosomal RNA.
- Joanna T. and Joanna P. participated in Theory and Applications of Computational Chemistry 2012 conference.
- Richard Henchman from the Institute of Biotechnology at Manchester University visted our lab.
Joanna T. and Julia attended the ISQBP 2012 President's meeting Challenges in biomolecular modeling - from QM to coarse-graining, taking place in Stokholm, Sweden and gave talks.
Maciej J. achieved a special distinction in the fourth edition of the Polish Society for Bioinformatics contest for the best master's thesis in bioinformatics. Congratulations!
Filip's project entitled "Coarse-grained molecular dynamics of RNA thermometers at elevated temperatures" has been awarded funding by the National Science Centre in the PRELUDIUM call. Congratulations!
- Joanna T. gave a talk at the Cecam workshop in Lozanne.
- Joanna P. visited Martin Zacharias Lab at Technische Univeristat Munchen and gave a seminar for his group.
- Marta D., Marta K. and Maciej J. took part in The 5th Symposium of the Polish Bioinformatics Society, Gdansk.
Marta D. achieved a special distinction in the Girls of the Future competition organized by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education and Elle magazine.
Pawel attanded the PRACE spring school, Cracow.
- Nathalie Reuter (University of Bergen) visited our group and gave a seminar.
- Karol Langer from Leiden University came our Lab and gave a talk: Molecular interactions, quantum chemistry, nanocomposites, mesoscale.
- Joanna T. and Filip participated in 243rd American Chemical Society National Meeting and Expositions, San Diego.
- Joanna T. visited Universite de Lyon and gave a talk.
- Marta K. attended in Mini-School on Advanced Simulation Methods for Bio-molecular Systems, Nordita, Stockholm.
- Joanna Sarzyńska from Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poznań visited our lab and gave a talk.
- Starting January 1st 2012 our lab has changed affiliation. We are now a part of the Centre of New Technologies University of Warsaw.
- Joanna P. organized Tripos training.
- Joanna T. participated in Protein and RNA Structure Prediction Conference 2011, which took place in Cancun, Mexico.
- Filip visited NEST, Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa, our Team project research partner.
- Julia, Joanna P., Marta D., Filip, Maciej J. and Tomek participated in Multi-Pole Approach to Structural Biology, Warsaw. Joanna T. gave a lecture: Bacterial ribosomal A-site RNA as a molecular target.
- Joanna Panecka's project has been awarded funding by the National Science Centre. Her proposoal "Computational study of conformational and thermodynamic properties of human ribosomal A-site and its interactions with aminoglycoside antibiotics" was ranked 4th among 80 submitted in the Life Sciences Biophysical panel (NZ1). Congratulations!
- Sapna, Julia and Marta D. participated in The Modern Techniques for Drug Design Purposes, Warsaw. During this conference Joanna T. gave a talk.
- Julia, Joanna P. and Marta D. attended in Cecam workshop, co-organized by Joanna T., Zurich, Switzerland.
- Kamila Reblova from Acadamy of Sciences of the Czech Republik visited our Lab and gave a talk.
- Joanna P., Marta D. and Tomasz participated in Biomolecules and Nanostructures, taking place in Będlewo, near Poznań (Poland).
- Our scientific discoveries placed in PLoS Computational Biology were also featured on Polish Press Agency and Ministry of Science and Higher Education websites.
- Julia's newest paper was featured on the PLoS Computational Biology website and is accompanied by a press release on Medical News Today.
- Katarzyna attended in Introduction to Gaussian: Theory and Practice workshop, taking place in Santiago de Compostela (Spain).
- Maciej J. was participating in Nucleosides, Nucleotides & Oligonucleotides conference, Salve Regina University, USA.
- Maciej's figure is on the cover of Biopolymers.
- Joanna T. received the University of Warsaw professor contract.
- Tomek participated in EMBO Young Scientists Forum, Warsaw, Poland.
- Maciej D. attended a Molecular Crowding Meeting in Telluride, USA.
- Congratulations to Katarzyna who got married on June 18th. Wish you all the best! photo
- Congratulations to Maciej J. who was admitted to a PhD program at the Inter-Faculty Interdisciplinary Doctoral Studies in Natural Sciences and Mathematics, University of Warsaw.
- Maciej J. participated in the BIT11 conference taking place in Toruń, Poland.
- Filip got married! Congratulations! Wishing you a marriage filled with happiness and joy. photo
- Joanna P. attended the Cecam workshop Dynamics and Thermodynamics of Biomolecular Recognition, Paris.
- Julia and Joanna P. participated in IXth European Symposium of The Protein Society, which took place in Stockholm.
- Joanna T. was appointed Associate Editor of BMC Biophysics.
- Filip was awarded a Conference Grant from the Foundation for Polish Science co-funding his participation in the EvoBio conference in Turin, Italy.
- Joanna P. spent two weeks in Brno at the Institute of Biophysics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic.
- Joanna T. and Julia attended the 241st ACS meeting in Anaheim, CA.
- Filip visited our collaborators at NEST, Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa.
- Cameron Mura and Linda Columbus, from University of Virginia in Charlottesville, visited our lab.
- Julia was awarded a Protein Science Young Investigator Travel Grant to attend the IX European Symposium of The Protein Society.
- Filip has visited NEST, Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa, our Team project research partner.
- Maciej D. will receive funding from the National Science Centre for computational studies on diffusion in molecular systems.
- Sapna Thoduka joined our Lab and will join the experimental group as a post-doc researcher in the Team project.
- Joanna T. will be a co-organizer of a Cecam workshop "Dynamics of Protein-Nucleic Acid Interactions: Integrating Simulations with Experiments". The workshop will take place September 14-16, 2011 in Zurich.
- Julia is back from her three month stay at the University of Bergen in Dr. Nathalie Reuter's group.
- Joanna T. received the University of Warsaw Rector award for research achievements.
- Joanna T., Maciej D. and Paweł attended the "Biological Diffusion and Brownian Dynamics Brainstorm 2" in Heidelberg (Germany).
- Joanna T. attended the CG Royal Society Kavli scientific meeting, Chicheley Hall, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom.
- We are looking for post-doc to work in our lab. More details
- Joanna T. and Filip attended the EURASNET Interdisciplinary Focus Meeting "Frontiers in Structural Biology of RNAs and RNPs" in Poznań.
- Karine Voltz from Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg (Germany) visited our Lab and gave a talk.
- Maciej D., Katrzyna and Maciej J. attended the „Modeling and Design of Molecular Materials” conference in Wroclaw. Maciej J. was awarded for the poster in undergraduate student category. Congratulations!
- Joanna T. attended the "Coarse-Grained Modeling of Structure and Dynamics of Biomacromolecules" meeting in Telluride, USA.
- Julia's PhD project was also recognized by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education and she will be awarded funding for the final stage of her PhD studies.
- Julia Romanowska received an Individual Mobility Grant from the Scholarship and Training Fund. The three-month research project will be conducted at the University of Bergen, Norway.
- Maciej D., Dariusz, Joanna P., Katarzyna, Maciej J. and Joanna T. attended the "BioInformatics in Toruń 2010" conference.
- Maciej Jasiński was awarded for the best talk at the "1st Conference of Students of Biophysics" organized by the Jagiellonian University and held in Cracow.
- Fabio Trovato from NEST, Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa visited our Lab.
- Congratulations to Katarzyna Kulczycka who received the best presentation award at spring graduate student convention of the Polish Chemical Society.
- Tomasz Wituła visits the research groups of Prof. Cameron Mura and Linda Columbus at the University of Virginia at Charlottesville, USA.
- Marta Dudek joined the lab as a student in the Team project.
- Pawel Zielinski joined the lab as a software developer.
- Marcin Szypowski left our team. We wish him a lot of success and satisfaction in his new job.
- Tomasz Witula joined our lab and will work in the Team project.
- Dariusz Ekonomiuk, Filip Leonarski, Maciej Jasinski joined the lab and will work in the Team project.
- We are looking for enthusiastic researchers to work in the Team project: “Antisense peptide nucleic acids as inhibitors of bacterial translation”.
- Zofia Dabrowska joined the lab to work as a laboratory assistant.
- Julia Romanowska visited prof. J. Andrew McCammon's group at the University of California at San Diego, USA.
- Katarzyna Kulczycka became the PhD student of the Inter-Faculty Individual Studies in Mathematics and Natural Sciences of the University of Warsaw.
- New stopped-flow spectrophotometer was delivered.