- Prof. Yuji Sugita visited our lab in the last week of September.
- Prof. Michael Feig from Michigan State University will spend one month in our lab. He was awarded the A. von Humboldt fellowship from the Foundation for Polish Science.
Our former visitor, Jaime Ivan Castillo, a high school student from Tijuana, Mexico, gives an interview about his trip to Poland and work in our lab.
- Marta K. presented a poster at the RNA Society Meeting in Kyoto, Japan.
- Maciek J. received the Etiuda fellowship from the National Science Centre. Congratulations! His application was 6th out of 85 received.
- Prof. Chia-en Chang from University of California Riverside, USA, visited our lab.
- Congratulations to Ksenia for gaining funding for her research in an internal competition of the University of Warsaw for young researchers and PhD students.
- Monika presented a poster and Joanna T. gave a talk at a workshop “RNA: Structure, Dynamics, and Function” at Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati (SISSA) in Trieste, Italy.
- Prof. Kathleen Hall from Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA, visited our lab.
- Marta K. attended JCUP VII OpenEye’s meeting in Tokyo, Japan.
- Congratulations to Jaime for the second place in the best poster competition at The 5th Intercollegiate Biotechnology Symposium “Symbioza” held at Warsaw University of Technology!
- Marta K. gave a talk at the RCAST, University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Joanna T. visited prof. Yuji Sugita at RIKEN and prof. Kei Yura at Ochanomizu Women’s University in Japan.
- Zofia D. and Marcin R. organized a workshop at our lab for high school pupils.
Prof. Michael Feig was awarded the Alexander von Humboldt Polish Honorary Research Fellowship by the Foundation for Polish Science to spend three months in our lab and collaborate on a project on thermal stability of RNA and PNA duplexes. His first visit will be this September.
- Joanna T. attended a workshop at the University of Toronto at the Fields Institute. The workshop was a part of thematic programme on MultiScale Scientific Computing.
- Marta Kulik was awarded FY2016 JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship (Short-Term) for North American and European Researchers.
- Filip Leonarski defended his PhD Thesis titled “Coarse-grained models for molecular dynamics of RNA. Evolutionary algorithm optimization of the potential energy function parameters”. Congratulations!
- Marta Kulik went for a 9 month visit to the laboratory of prof. Yuji Sugita (RIKEN, Japan).
Joanna Trylska gave a lecture at the conference Protein Interactions in Biology at the National University of Ireland in Galway.
Ksenia is visiting the lab of prof. Nathalie Reuter at the University of Bergen in Norway.